In a recent article on the Business 2 Community web site, Pam Neely distills some research that reveals webinars are still a go-to platform for lead generation. In summary:
- DemandWave’s 2016 State of B2B Digital Marketing Report put webinars second behind white papers for effective lead gen.
- The CMO Council’s “Lead Flow That Helps You Grow” report placed webinars as fourth most effective (I’m being generous and including webcasts under webinars).
- Demand Gen’s 2016 Demand Generation Benchmark Report has webinars in third place.
- The LinkedIn B2B Technology Marketing Community found that webinars came in fifth out of fifteen among lead gen methods.
- Ascend2’s Lead Generation Trends Survey also lists webinars although they don’t fare quite as well as in the other surveys.
When I first started with webinars nearly ten years ago I was struck by its capacity for education and not very impressed with it as a marketing method. Much has changed since then as Ms. Neely’s article well illustrates. You can find her full article here.
Do these findings confirm your opinion of webinars as a lead generation method or do they surprise you? Let me know in the comments below.